What’s Hot and What’s Not for 2022: Singles Share Their Favorite Online Dating Trends – PRNewswire

NEW YORK, Nov. 11, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — As the holidays approach and the year comes to an end, singles are wondering when they’ll find love, and they’re looking out for the next big fads in the dating scene. Dating.com, part of the Dating Group and the company behind numerous online dating sites, today released new data from its latest survey, revealing the top online trends for singles who are trying to find love in the new year.

In general, online dating continues to be at the forefront of the overall dating scene. Since the beginning of the global pandemic, the industry has created a number of upgrades for dating apps and sites to keep the online interactions fun and exciting. In 2022, singles will find love with the help of the latest features and trends.

Key data from the recent Dating.com survey includes the following insights to what singles’ behavior and preferences will look like:

  • 70% of men surveyed said they like to send gifts virtually to those they are dating online. This includes food credit for takeout, rideshares to get them home after a long day, and sometimes surprise gifts at their doorstep. Meanwhile, only 6% of women have provided virtual gifts.
  • A large majority of singles (90%) agree that they will be open to video chatting while dating online in 2022.
  • This past year, 40% of singles who were surveyed have warmed up to the idea of voice messages and a majority of the same singles plan on using this feature next year.
  • While only 34% of the women surveyed said they like to send video messages, half of them said they would be likely to send a video to show a potential date how their day went.
  • Almost all of the online daters who were surveyed (97%) have enjoyed the technology upgrades, including a more refined dating pool option based on their preferences, but the remaining 3% admitted that they enjoy a broader dating pool to keep their options open.

“Although in-person restrictions are loosening up, the latest upgrades in technology have made online dating the easier, more convenient, and frankly, more preferred way to jump back into the dating scene,” says KJ Dhaliwal, Chief Strategy Officer of Dating Group. “From audio to video, tech that’s emerged over the last few years is what has allowed us to get better at connecting people. Next year, dating in the metaverse …….

Source: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/whats-hot-and-whats-not-for-2022-singles-share-their-favorite-online-dating-trends-301422041.html

Posted on

Leave a Reply