Calibrate recognizes that obesity is not just a matter of eating too much and exercising too little, says Donna Ryan, M.D., a clinical advisor at Calibrate and professor emeritus at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Rather, obesity is the result of genetic susceptibility to environmental forces that drive weight gain, she says.
In certain individuals, once weight is gained, the body “defends” its highest fat mass, which basically means it works against losing that weight, says Dr. Ryan. “Any time a person with obesity, or excess abnormal body fat, tries to lose weight from that set point, biologic and physiologic forces promote weight gain through increased appetite and decreased energy expenditure,” she explains.
Calibrate’s approach to weight management, the One-Year Metabolic Reset program, involves a thorough medical evaluation, the prescription of GLP-1 receptor agonist medications and 1:1 online coaching, explains Dr. Ryan.
The Metabolic Reset’s four-part program is approved by Calibrate’s clinical advisory board, made up of obesity treatment and metabolic health experts and scientific researchers, and the company guarantees weight loss of at least 10%.
Interested In Trying The Nutrisystem Diet?
Choose your weight loss plan. New menu 2022 available. Breakfast burritos, sesame ramen, hash brown casserole and more!
To be eligible for Calibrate, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18-64.
- Live in the United States.
- Have commercial or employer health insurance other than Kaiser.
- Have a BMI over 30, or over 27 and at least one medical condition, including diabetes or pre-diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, obstructive sleep apnea or PCOS.
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Not have an active eating disorder or substance abuse problem.
- Not have cancer, gallbladder disease, pancreatitis within the last 6 months, or bariatric surgery within the last 18 months.
After your eligibility is confirmed, you’ll go through the following steps:
1. Complete your health intake
When you sign up for Calibrate’s One-Year Metabolic Reset, you’ll receive a comprehensive intake form that should take about 20 minutes to complete. From there, you’ll be provided with a link to schedule a virtual visit with one of Calibrate’s doctors, as well as your first accountability coaching session. Be sure to schedule your virtual doctor’s visit at least five days before your first coaching session so that your lab results are available.Source: https://www.forbes.com/health/body/calibrate-metabolic-reset-weight-loss-review/